Developmental Issues Influencing
Intimacy in Couples
Workshop: Training Institute for Mental Health in Collaboration with Section I, Division of Psychoanalysis, APA
Sunday, February 11, 2018
10:00AM – 2:30 PM
115 West 27th Street, 4th Fl. New York, NY 10001
*Refreshments will be served.*
A Screening and Discussion of The Award Winning film
Talk to Her
Director: Pedro Almodovar
The Award winning film “Talk to Her” (2002) illustrates the importance of unconscious Phantasy, in both benign and malignant forms as they manifest in relationships and emerge in clinical work
3 CEU'S for Social Workers
Registrants will be able to clinically identify/define:
- Relevance of “Adhesiveness of the Libido” as an important determinant in how relationships function.
- Clinical manifestations of the ego ideal in its mature and immature functions in relationships.
- Difference between manifestations of the ego ideal and projective identification in relationships.
- The difference between relationships based on recognition of the other as a subject and the other as an object
- The experience of a “reasonable other,” in a relationship organized by the phantasy of one’s partner.